In Taoist natural medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine many internal organs are associated with natural elements such as color, sound, emotion, weather element, planet, season, taste and a Protection Animal.
In modern times, we see at the very least that all of these associations help those who meditate bring their conscious awareness to a specific area of the body in a positive way for an extended period. The longer we smile and dwell on an area, the longer we have to facilitate positive change.
Doubt it? I did. Until I tried this experiment:
- When ready for bed, lay comfortably and close your eyes.
- Smile. In your mind, focus that smile to your White Lungs.
- Breathe in the white color of Courage and Righteousness. Fill your lungs with this idea of being courageous enough to follow through on dreams and righteous enough to stand by your convictions.
- Breathe out the dark color of Sadness and Depression (keep smiling).
- Do this three to six times, then rest.
- During the resting phase, smile to the White Tiger (the Protection Animal) and see a shiny silver sword near him (The element associated with the lungs is Metal).
- Keep smiling until you fall asleep.
This short meditation was strong enough to induce an amazing dream about sleeping with a tiger. Later, I napped with a young friend, pictured above, and had the sensation I had “been here before”.
What will happen when YOU try it? Feel free to let me know.